Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Valentine Treats!

Hello everyone! 
Well, I've made some more Valentine treats....these are for the kiddos at church!  I was going to make more of the treats that I made last week, but then decided to make something different.....just to change it up a bit!  :) 

I had picked up 2 packs of pencils (10ct) to originally include in theValentine treats that I made this year.  They were really cute pencils in assorted colors and patterns for Valentines' Day.  So I began with those.....hmmmmm, what to do with a pencil.  :)  Well, this is what I came up with.  (I didn't photograph all 20, but just three of them instead so you could see more detail on them.)


I decided to make 3x3 cards as my little Valentine cards!  After making them, I realized that the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog was having a challenge called Valentiny cards so these were perfect for that!  :)


On the front of these cards, I used some very cute tags that I downloaded from Smitten Blog Designs.  They have some really, really cute printable Owl Valentines too that are perfect for pencils, but I had already made these!  :)  On some of these tags, I added 3D stickers I had picked up in the Target $1 bin.  I rounded the corners of them and then added buttons and twine to some of them.  I used my Crop-A-Dile on the side to punch two holes for tying the ribbons.  Then I just added coordinating ribbons to attach the cards to the pencils.


Now on the inside, I just cut the same size tag from white cardstock, and used several different stamps......the heart is a $1 stamp from ACMoore, the "Jesus Loves You" stamp is from Inkadinkado, and the "From:" is from My Craft Spot - Sweet Sentiments Set #2.  Then I just wrote "Carley" with a red pen since she's not exactly old enough to write her own name being 2 and all!  :) 


I thought these turned out to be very cute Valentine gifts!  I didn't get these in the picture, but I added a Valentine Smarties candy to the backs of these by just applying a Glue Dot.  I had to add something sweet to them of course!  :)

Thanks for visiting and come back by anytime!


 



5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute, girl! Keep rocking your creative outlet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley! These are so cute. I love that they don't include a lot of candy... kids always end up with so much sugar for V-day! :)

    Great job. <3

    Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!!!! Your projects are an inspiration to me. And we share the love of the Lord... I am your newest follower. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley -- great project -- I have it highlighted and featured over at my facebook today….:)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craft-Junkie-Too/162946417058976 -- you can stop by my blog to grab the featured me button -- if you'd like. Have a sweet day!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelley, thanks for visiting me and leaving me a kind comment. It looks like you have the Valentine situation under control, I can't say the same. I hope you and your family are well. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)