My Crafty Friends!

SubScriBe viA eMaiL to CarLeY's CLoSeT for post updates

Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Valentine Treats!

Hello everyone! 
Well, I've made some more Valentine treats....these are for the kiddos at church!  I was going to make more of the treats that I made last week, but then decided to make something different.....just to change it up a bit!  :) 

I had picked up 2 packs of pencils (10ct) to originally include in theValentine treats that I made this year.  They were really cute pencils in assorted colors and patterns for Valentines' Day.  So I began with those.....hmmmmm, what to do with a pencil.  :)  Well, this is what I came up with.  (I didn't photograph all 20, but just three of them instead so you could see more detail on them.)


I decided to make 3x3 cards as my little Valentine cards!  After making them, I realized that the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog was having a challenge called Valentiny cards so these were perfect for that!  :)


On the front of these cards, I used some very cute tags that I downloaded from Smitten Blog Designs.  They have some really, really cute printable Owl Valentines too that are perfect for pencils, but I had already made these!  :)  On some of these tags, I added 3D stickers I had picked up in the Target $1 bin.  I rounded the corners of them and then added buttons and twine to some of them.  I used my Crop-A-Dile on the side to punch two holes for tying the ribbons.  Then I just added coordinating ribbons to attach the cards to the pencils.


Now on the inside, I just cut the same size tag from white cardstock, and used several different stamps......the heart is a $1 stamp from ACMoore, the "Jesus Loves You" stamp is from Inkadinkado, and the "From:" is from My Craft Spot - Sweet Sentiments Set #2.  Then I just wrote "Carley" with a red pen since she's not exactly old enough to write her own name being 2 and all!  :) 


I thought these turned out to be very cute Valentine gifts!  I didn't get these in the picture, but I added a Valentine Smarties candy to the backs of these by just applying a Glue Dot.  I had to add something sweet to them of course!  :)

Thanks for visiting and come back by anytime!


 



5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute, girl! Keep rocking your creative outlet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelley! These are so cute. I love that they don't include a lot of candy... kids always end up with so much sugar for V-day! :)

    Great job. <3

    Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!!!! Your projects are an inspiration to me. And we share the love of the Lord... I am your newest follower. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley -- great project -- I have it highlighted and featured over at my facebook today….:)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craft-Junkie-Too/162946417058976 -- you can stop by my blog to grab the featured me button -- if you'd like. Have a sweet day!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelley, thanks for visiting me and leaving me a kind comment. It looks like you have the Valentine situation under control, I can't say the same. I hope you and your family are well. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)