Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Congrats to the Graduates of 2011!

It's that time of year again....graduation!  Well I had several young adults to make cards for and I wanted to make them something 'different'.....so I made them an easel card.  Tracy from CraftJunkieToo inspired me to make an easel card with her watermelon easel card so that's just what I did! 
Now, I had never made one before and it took me a little while to do it, but once I created one, then the others followed along pretty quickly, thank goodness!  :)  I really wondered if I could make another after that first one, but I did! ha!


I personalized each card to the graduate's school colors as well!


Here's the side view!


Here's the view of the inside!  I used a Graduate stamp I picked up at ACMoore for $1 and then used the Everyday Pop-Up Cards cartridge to cut the cap and tassel.  I cut these at 2.5".


I used a stamp set I had picked up on clearance awhile back to indicate the month and year which I thought turned out as a nice touch.


Below is a 4"x 6" paper that I printed with instructions for the frame/easel and a congratulations from me and my hubby!  I also used another graduate stamp that I picked up in the $1 bin at ACMoore!  I used the clear photo corners to adhere this so it would also hold their new 4"x 6" graduation photos!


Everyone loved their cards and mentioned that they had a picture already in mind to put in their new frames! :)

Congratulations again graduates of 2011!

Shelley
(**Entered into Made it Myself Mondays over at You Had Me At Craft!)

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards. Great idea to insert the directions for the recipient. Great job.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)