My Crafty Friends!

SubScriBe viA eMaiL to CarLeY's CLoSeT for post updates

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Fun!


So today is the CJToo Design Team Project day and it's all about Summer Fun!  I hope that everyone has lots of fun this summer....spending time with family, relaxing when you can, and just making memories that will last! 

This past Saturday I certainly captured some memories of Carley while at a birthday party for a friend turning 2!  She had a blast!  As you can see in the pictures, she was into all sorts of fun summer activities, which I turned into a fun and busy layout that I hope you all enjoy! 


I cut all the words on Cricut Design Studio with the Classic Font cartridge.  For the puddle of water, I distorted an image from the From My Kitchen cartridge.  For the "Splish Splash" wording, below you can see where I used my Inkssentials Glossy Accents for the first time which I think turned out perfect!


I found some really cute ribbon with "summer!" on it that I just had to use on this layout! Also, I pop-dotted the hand cut butterfly (from patterned paper - at the top of the page) and the sun, which I cut from the Going Places cartridge at 3.25". On this I'll probably journal later, but I inked the edges of the sun with red ink as well as inked the edges of everything else with brown ink. I used my white gel pen too for some accents even under the Glossy Accents.



I have to mention one thing above on the layout......my grandmother knits all sorts of things and I was visiting her last week and saw that she had these little flowers that she had knitted. I asked her if she could make me a few for my scrapbooking. So Friday, I received a whole "goodie" box of flowers, leaves, and tiny rosettes! I can't wait to use them all. This is certainly something to treasure for Carley as she gets older knowing that her great-grandmother made them! :)  Getting to swing, bounce, ride, and swim were all "firsts" for Carley.  In a week, she'll be 18 months old and making this layout definitely captures those memories for her to look back on when we're older.  My little girl is growing so fast!  :(  <boo hoo!>  :)

Have a great Wednesday!

You can go to Tracy's blog at CraftJunkietoo.com and see what the rest of the design team created for Summer Fun!
Shelley

9 comments:

  1. Shelley: What an amazing page layout you have created - Total Summer and Total FUN! Thanks for sharing this page with us. (Fellow CJToo Design Team Member - Kadie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love the close up shots of all the fun details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice and fun layout
    those flowers are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Shelley - I've tried several times to leave you a message - giving it one last go. LOVE your scrapbook page - Layout is fabulous and pictures are TOO CUTE for words. Thanks for sharing.....Your fellow CJToo Design Team Member - Kadie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO! I love all the details and embellishments you added... thanks for the close ups too! :)

    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com
    fellow CJToo Crafty Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! Love the colors!

    Roberta, fellow CJToo Designer
    Www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun layout... I love all the colors you used..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable!
    (Fellow CJToo DT member)
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this layout is sooo BEAUTIFUL!Super colors and All the details are AMAZING!!:)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)