Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Crafty Designers Day at Craft Junkie Too!

Kicking off the Holiday Season!




Is everyone in the holiday spirit yet?  I can't believe it's Thanksgiving tomorrow and that Black Friday sales start tomorrow night!!!  I used to brave those crowds but not anymore!  I'd rather stay home and craft!  Ha!  :)

Speaking of crafting......today is Crafty Designers' Day over at Tracy's Craft Junkie Too!  We're all kicking off the holiday season by showing off our Christmas creations for you!  Check them out and I hope you enjoy! :)

So for my project, I created paper ornaments!  Before making these, I honestly had not seen any templates, cut-outs, but only a few tutorials to make any Christmas ornaments.    But for my ornaments, I simply made up my own and I thought that they turned out pretty cute!  I am planning to use these as decor/tags/ Christmas presents this year!  Now, I've just got to get on the ball and get a lot of them made!  :)  So here are just a few of them.....


For all of these, I used papers from the My Mind's Eye - Be Merry 6x6 paper pad.  These double-sided papers were so festive and fun! :)


This one I cut from the Create A Critter cartridge and added some Glossy Accents for the snowflake cut-out!  And I added some glitter to the 'candies' on the paper! :)

 
For this one, I cut it from the Celebrate With Flourish cartridge and added again some Glossy Accents to the swirl, some fun glitter to the patterned paper, and some gold paint for the 'ornament top'.  I thought it was fun to make two different sides to this ornament! 


For this "present" ornament, I also used the Create A Critter cartridge and decided to make two different sides!  This one reminds me of an ornament to give to a boy or a girl with the blue and the pink!  :)  I again added fun glitter to the ribbons on each side.



For this 3D Christmas tree, I was just playing around to see what it would look like when I finished!  It's kind of small which made it challenging to work with, but I finally got the four trees glued together and glittered and I thought it turned out sort of cute! :)  I used the layer cutout from the Holiday Cakes cartidge which had the holes in the trees.  I added some Glossy Accents (kind of hard to see in photos)to the 'holes' that were against another layer to appear as "clear" ornaments on the trees.....and again, I thought the tree patterned paper was too cute!




Then next, I created this snowflake ornament which turned out large, but I like it!  :)  I did the Fit To Page on these 6x6 papers which made it cut at 5.5" with the Going Places cartridge.  I did three different layers and turned them each a bit and attached them together with a cute white, glittered brad.  I really liked how this one turned out and it was really easy to make!  Of course, adding some glitter to each layer was a little tedious, but not too bad. :)


Well be sure to check out the other crafty designers' creations and I sure hope you're all "kicked" into the holiday spirit! 

I pray that you each have a wonderful Thanksgiving as we all have so much to be thankful for.....all of the time!  May God continue to bless you all!


Come back and visit anytime!
Shelley
 

3 comments:

  1. Cute ornaments/gift tags! That is fun paper!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ornaments!!!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley: OH SO CUTE....LOVE your ornament Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)