Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

CJToo Design Team Day - It's Thanksgiving Time!

OK, well....not yet, but it'll be here before you know it! :)


Welcome to the Craft Junkie Too Design
Team Day - Designer's Choice - Thanksgiving Theme Projects! 

 

This year seems to be flying by soooo fast and Thanksgiving is coming up soon! 
So all the CJToo Crafty Designer's are sharing their choice of a Thanksgiving themed project and I can't wait to see them all!  Be sure to check them all out by visiting Tracy's page, Craft Junkie Too and show them some love!

You know.....we all have so much to be thankful for and even though we all have our trials and valleys that we go through, we have to remember that we are so blessed and to thank God for those blessings. 

When I pondered on what to create for this post, I decided to make something I had never made before.  My inspiration for this project all started with "Tom" here, an image that I downloaded from an amazing blog that I found this weekend, Little Birdie Blessings.  Not only did I fall in love with her awesome content and amazing vintage images, but I immediately found a good friend in Abby with her encouraging words, most importantly based on scripture, God's Holy word. 


After I downloaded the vintage "Tom" above, I decided to add a brown and light blue border for definition on the canvas to which I "Modged Podged" it.  Along with this image, I added the verses, Psalms 100:4-5.  Abby had shared this verse as well on a recent post and I thought it was just naturally fitting for how we should be thankful to Him not just in November, but all of the time. We should be thankful and praise Him regardless of the circumstances going on around us.  He is there for us; has always been there for us, and will continue to be there for us no matter what. He has an unconditional love for us ALL of the time!


When I first started this project, I just figured I was making it for myself, for my home.  However, God did what He always does and 'tugged' at my heart and made me think......hmmm, "Who am I going to make this for?" And the first person I thought of was my pastor.  He and his wife mean so much to me and my family and we love him dearly.  I want them to have it for their home and plan to give it to them Wednesday night at church. :)


For some details on my project.....first I simply painted a canvas with brown paint.  Then I "Modged Podged" the printed turkey image and scripture.  For the "Giving Thanks" sentiment, I used my Celebrate with Flourish Cricut cartridge to cut cardstock from DCWV Neutrals 8x8 pad.  These cardstocks are textured and looked great with the similar texture of the canvas.  This is the cardstock that I printed the image and scripture on as well.  I then inked all of the edges with brown ink as well as the orange/white polka-dotted strip of paper along the bottom which came from the Recollections Night and Fall Stack.  I also "Modged Podged" all of the paper items and, then added in a small amount of glitter to what was left and applied it all over the canvas.  I really liked the 'just a hint of shimmer' it added to the whole canvas. (You can sort of see some of the glitter specks at the bottom of the picture below and some in the one above.)


The paper flowers I had ordered from Oriental Trading awhile back and the various brads were just different brads from my stash (Not sure of their brands.)  I added some glossy accents to the flowers as well to give them some shimmer also.


Then I added some bling! :)  Some brownish/orange rhinestones I thought were a nice touch!


Then finally, this 'altered canvas' (at least that's what I'm calling it! ha!) needed a hanger of some sort.  So I found some teal ribbon in my stash and stapled it onto the back then tied a bow at the top.


I just loved the fall colors in this canvas and I hope that they will love it too! 
I hope you enjoyed my Thanksgiving project and I hope it inspires you to remember to be thankful for all of the blessings you are given.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the Craft Junkie Too Crafty Designers' projects as well as Abby's blog, Little Birdie Blessings for great vintage images and inspiring words!


Shawn @ Shawn's Fireside Crafting Room
http://www.shawnsfiresidecraftingroom.blogspot.com/

Cheryl @ CardsbyCG
http://cardsbycg.blogspot.com/

Kristy @ Craftin' on my Door
http://www.craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com/

Tanya @ Tanyaisis Creations
http://tanyaisiscreations.blogspot.com/

Kadie @ Kards by Kadie
http://kardsbykadie.blogspot.com/

Shelley @ Carley's Closet
http://www.carleys-closet.blogspot.com/

Roberta @ TX Scrapper Mom
http://www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com/

Take care and happy crafting!
Thanks for visiting!

Shelley ~ Carley's Mom

*Entering this project into the following:
 
 
 
 
Grab yourself a badge for your  blog.
 
 
 
Take it, it's yours
 
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Shelley, Your project is delightful. I bet it feels good to complete a project you've never tried before. Thank you for your kind words about me. So glad my image and verse I shared inspired you. Thanks so much for linking up to Scripture Thursday. I know your pastor and his wife will love it. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! And you are certainly welcome Abby! :)

    Shelley
    http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
    shelleymace21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your project! Your pastor will too!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley: AMAZING project - Thanks for sharing Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to try something new! ;) BTW, I just LOVE the Celebrate with Flourish cart, don't you! Thanks for sharing!
    craftin-on-my-door.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I've never seen such a detailed, gorgeous wall hanging! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
    :) Janis
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just lovely! What a fantastic project!

    I am a Guest Designer at 3 Girl Jam today and they gave me a prize to give away. Stop by if you would like to try to win. Everyone is welcome!

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift. I love giving my art away too. :o)

    I've started a new challenge on my blog and I'd love for you to participate in.

    http://thisartthatheals.blogspot.com/search/label/WAW%20Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the turkey! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for participating in my WAW challenge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning! Thanks for playing along with us over at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful wall hanging! That turkey is FABULOUS! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project Shelly! I love the altered canvas! The texture is wonderful, I could see making one of these for all kinds of holidays or gifts.

    Hugs, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful project. Thank you for joining us this week for our anything goes + brown Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Hope you are having a wonderful week and good luck.

    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful!!! Everything about this is just so awesome! And I love that you're giving it to your Pastor and his wife...what a lovely gesture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful ... love the verse too ... thank you for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project:) Thanks for Joining us this week at Craft your Passions Anythings + Brown Challenge. Have a great weekend:)

    Melissa
    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful creation.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful wall hanging, Shelley! The verse is just perfect for it - and I love the word art you've used. Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Shelley, I wanted to stop by, say hi and let you know that Word Art Wednesday Challenge has it's own place now at www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com We have a sponsor for this week too so come and share your art!

    I hope you're doing well and I look forward to seeing what you've made. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for joining with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing! I love this! Thanks for playing with us at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! :o) So many beautiful details capture the beauty of Autumn and Thanksgiving.. it will be cherished! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)