Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doubly Blessed! :)

Well, that's what some friends of ours are.....doubly blessed.....with two beautiful twins.....born almost on my birthday!  :)  Oh, so close!  :)  But they were blessed with a boy and a girl and they now have such a cute little family!  I'm so happy for them and can't wait to see them!
Congratulations Chris & Shannon!

Well, I know I mentioned it awhile back that I was making them a banner and boy was it a challenge!  Before they were born, they wanted their genders to be a surprise, so picking a theme, colors, etc. was really hard to do for me!  But I think that I pulled it off!  I see that they've received it by mail so I figured it was safe to make the post official!


Since I found these cute little sheep stickers (forgive me, I forgot what brand they were) I found this cute saying online somewhere....."Always Know We Love 'Ewe' So!" and printed it on beige cardstock.  Then I cut out the scalloped circles with a 3" Paper Shapers paper punch (that I borrowed from my friend Gina, thanks girl!). This saying was perfect for this banner I thought! I then added "2011" to the end as well.


These sheep stickers originally had a "1", "2", and "3" on them as in the 'counting sheep'......but I removed those and used just the sheep to match these coordinating sheep papers called 'Welcome Baby' from an 8x8 paper pad that I got at Big Lots.


The other pattern also from that paper pad had cute baby items such as blocks, bottles, and rattles.  I found these 3D rattle stickers as well that just went perfect with this paper.


I finished off the banner by inking all the edges of the papers in brown ink and tied them together with a sage green ribbon from AC Moore and some beige tulle.  The pennant shapes are from the Songbird cartridge....you may notice that A LOT of my banners are this shape!  It's just a good size and shape I think for banner pennants....lots of room for decorating! :)  I cut them from p.61 at 5.5".

 Like I said, I can't wait to see these little cuties.....Cora and Memphis!  Again, I'm so happy for their mom & dad and their new little family!  Such a blessing....or should I say two!  :)

Shelley

*Entered into the following challenge(s):






BLOG TITLE

Photobucket

and Top 5 Winner at Anything Goes Challenge #51: Die Cuts/Punches or Both!  Yay!



11 comments:

  1. Shelley, this is adorable! TFS with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I love the title, the paper and those cute little lambies are so perfect. Congrats to your friends on their new blessings. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really amazing! What a beautiful baby banner...I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so cute Shelley! :) Beautiful job.

    Hugs, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo adorable!! Those little sheep are so cute. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh just love this that is one super banner you have created just love it bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable banner, I am sure your friends loved it.
    Thank you for playing along with us at FCCB.

    Happy Craftin'!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out great-- congrats to your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very cute banner I'm sure your friends and babies will love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so very cute and sweet!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Thanks so much for leaving your blog address on your comment! I can't find a follow button or I'd follow you. This banner is so precious! WOW on the details! Beautiful! :) Janis
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)