Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Aunt Renee - my 2nd mom! :)



Well Sunday is my 2nd mom's birthday, Happy Birthday Aunt Renee! 

She means the world to me and has taught me so much in life.  I love her very much.  I know that she loves the beach so I decided to make her a beached themed birthday card.  Even though I knew she loved Hello Kitty (haha, seriously she does!), I knew that my cousin (her daughter Rhonda - my "sister") was making her a card and matching bags for her gifts with the Hello Kitty Cricut cartridges!  :)  So I chose the beach!  :)


For this card, I used the Create A Critter and the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridges.  I had some seashell stickers from Paper House Productions I used with pop dots because I had adhered all the cut images with pop dots as well.  This card had a lot of dimension!  For the sentiment on the cloud, I used the Sweet Sentiments #2 stamps from My Craft Spot.


On the inside, I used some random birthday stamps that I had in my collection (sorry I don't know what brand they are).  I added some rhinestones and pearls to my little treasure chest as well that I also cut from the PDDU cartridge.  I thought it turned out sooo cute!

We definitely had a good time this evening when we all got together to eat pizza and had yummy chocolate cupcakes from my friend Cassie at Cake Monkey.  Mmmm-Mmmm, they were so good!

Well, Happy Birthday Renee and I love you very much!

Your niece,
                  Shelley :)




                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Cute card. Your aunt is going to love it. Thanks for joining us at PCC this week.

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love aquatic themed cards and your treasure chest looks so good!

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)