Pages

My Crafty Friends!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baby's Nursery Banner and Card!


Happy Tuesday everyone!

I just wanted to share with you a banner that I made over the weekend for a friend of mine that is soon expecting her second daughter, Alana! 

I made this for her Woodlands themed nursery and I thought it turned out so super cute!  Before I blab out the technical stuff, here are some close-ups of the cute critters on each pennant!  I love this!  :)

 
 
 

Of course I had to put little pink 'girlie' bows on each of the characters (except the butterfly!)
(Sorry they are not the clearest pics!)

   
     
     
  
I only glued down the centers of the wing layers to give it dimension!  Isn't she cute? 
   

I got my inspiration for this from Christina from Creations with Christina. I used the Country Life cartridge for the banner pennants.  I used the solid font banner image (with Shift) on p.76 and cut it at 10.5".  I also cut each letter font banner at 10.5" too.  For the 'critters' I used the Create A Critter cartridge of course and below are the cut sizes:

Hedgehog & Butterfly - all layers cut at 2.25"
Owl, Raccoon, and Deer - all layers cut at 3.5"
Pink bows cut at 3.5" :)

I inked all the edges of the banner with brown ink and then used a brown satin ribbon as well as a creme sheer ribbon threaded together through the each pennant.  Then I tied individual brown bows in between each pennant. 

Now for the card......

Well, I had a hard time trying to figure out which 'critters' to choose for the pennant, so since I didn't use a squirrel, I used her for the baby shower card!  :)

(I was so excited about this card that I forgot to write down the cut sizes....sorry!)
 
Now for those of you who notice that the sentiment is NOT exactly what it says on the cartridge, well, to make it a 'baby' shower card, I altered it a little.  I trimmed off the "U" bottom part under 'about' and then used my Simply Sweet cartridge to cut the word 'baby'.  I added the pink ribbon and of course the pink bow with a touch of Stickles in the center (hard to see I know), and then some white gel pen accents.

On the inside I simply added (where the ribbon ends met) the 'acorn' accessory from the same page as the squirrel.  Then added some pink paper to write a note to Jeannie and baby Alana.

I hope you enjoyed this banner and card as it was so much fun to create!

Have a great day!

PS.....I can't believe I've hit 50 followers!!  Yay!
Thanks everyone!   :)

Shelley (Carley's mom)

20 comments:

  1. Shelley: What a fabulous banner you created for your friend. I can only image how thrilled she must have been when you gave it to her. And the card is adorable. GREAT JOB Shelley - You made great use out of your Cricut and Cricut Cartridges for this project....ROCK ON! Kadie (fellow CJT Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shelley.. this is just way way to cute... I absolutely love it... you did a super job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the banner. The animals are sooooooo cute.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh! Love the banner, love the card and I actually own this cartridge so I can make this! Yeah! I'm going to mark this as a favorite so I can remember it! Thanks!

    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute banner got to do one soon
    Thanks for shaing

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my your projects are AMAZING!I love your banner and the super card,Great job with all the super details!WOW!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fantastic banner and card you've made, super cute and colourful... Looks like you've put a lot of love, thought and effort into creating them... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love banners and yours is adorable ...love all the cute critters ! Glad you joined us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on hitting 50 followers! Before long you will be at 500. Your projects are just amazing. Love the details in the sweet woodland banner. Your friend will be so happing way she see it. Cute card also. Thanks for joining in the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Darling banner! I love all of the little critters, and the bows are a perfect touch. :) Your friend will love it! CUTE!

    Thanks for playing along in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ~Ally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo cute!! Love the banner and all of your cute critters! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Shelley!! This is soooo sweet! I love every one of the adorble critters you used and I'm sure Mom to Be is going to love this in her nursery! Congrats on your first 50 followers! You work is beautiful so I'm sure it won't be long until you see 50 more and then some! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Shelley!! Your banner is FABULOUS!! You must be thrilled with how it turned out - and I'm sure your friend is too! Those little animals are so sweet and just perfect on the banner. What a great card, too! How clever to change the sentiment like that!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shelley I love both of your projects! I NEED to get these cart. those critters are just way too adorable! Your card is especially cute, I have a special little place in my heart for squirrels :) TFS and joining us at Getting Cricky this week!
    ~Hugs~
    Becky - Getting Cricky DTM
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shelley--this is absolutely phenonmenal. The love and detail you put into this banner is just amazing and very touching--what a wonderful girl you are!
    Thanks SO very much for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!
    www.gettingcricky.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! Simply fabulous! I am sure this will be awesome in the baby's room. Gifts from the heart are so special and with your talent it makes it even more wonderful. I am a new follower!

    Rebecca
    Getting Cricky DTM
    http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shelley, how cute is this! I just love those little critters! Love all the colors! Great Banner! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fabulous!! I adore those cute little critters. Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!!

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your banner is AMAZING!! Sooooo many details -- AWESOME job!! :) I LOVE all of your pink bows -- This is such a precious gift, sure to be treasured forever!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Getting Cricky with K Andrew!! Hope you'll join us again for this week's 'Vintage Appeal' challenge!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments!! :)
Shelley (Carley's mom!)